Women's Entrepreneurship Pilot (WEP) Program offers FREE virtual support to women entrepreneurs in the eastern Ontario region.
If you're eligible for this free virtual business training program, you’ll get access to vital business support services like:
- programming to strengthen your entrepreneurial skills through on-line training;
- live streaming of business roundtable events;
- virtual one-on-one discussions with a designated business consultant; and
- access to networking, and mentoring via virtual activities.
Want to Know More? Contact Us About WEP Now!
Women in the 5 key partner regions across eastern Ontario can access these important services administered by the Ontario East Economic Development Commission.
The pilot project partners include:
- Business & Entrepreneurship Centre Northumberland (BECN)
- Kawartha Lakes Small Business & Entrepreneurship Centre (KLSBEC)
- Leeds Grenville Small Business Enterprise Centre (LGSBEC)
- Prescott-Russell Community Development Corporation (PRCDC)
- Business Advisory Centre Durham (BACD)
Services provided for this pilot project are available to women entrepreneurs within the partners’ catchment areas.
The Government of Canada is committed to advancing gender equality and women’s economic empowerment and to supporting women entrepreneurs through the Women Entrepreneurship Strategy (WES) announced in 2018.
The Government of Canada WES Ecosystem Fund – Regional Stream provides funding to support the Ontario East Women’s Virtual Entrepreneurship Incubator Pilot Project (known as the Women’s Entrepreneur Program or WEP).
Ultimately, this Women’s Virtual Entrepreneurship Incubator Pilot Project will be shared with stakeholders across the province and nation to support women in business.